Monday, March 16, 2009

Street Fighter Movie

Today, I saw my own blog. Read it and found grammatical errors. Like what the hell.. cant believe I did so many mistakes on the last post. Probably too distracted yesterday thinking about what movie I was going to watch today. The plan was for me, Alex, Benjamin, Desmond and Ashween to go watch Watchmen.(Men, pun was not intended) However, due to the bleak reviews from Ashween as well as the lack of stars from TheStar newspaper reviews, we decided to watch Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.



First things first, I you are VERY strict about adhering to your no-spoilers low-info diet, then you might not want to read this few paragraphs.But then again the movie's story didnt make much sense. Although it might be just because i dont know much about Street Fighter, i think the story is just pretty random. I mean, when the movie started in the cinema, the starting title thing was so video-game like i was waiting for the "Press "SELECT" button to start" message to pop up. Random comments aside, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li was seriously random.

To start things off, there was an exploding wine bottle, a weird scroll, a weird Auntie who only appears for one scene, big black man, fruit throwing, a high class lesbian, a Thai S.W.A.T, a guy called Gen who pops up everywhere, a member of the Black-Eyed-Peas, and an organization called Shadowloo. Yeah according to the subtitles its SHADOWLOO. Get it? Shadow Loo? Nope, i dont get it either, but its probably a light-deprived walled space for defaecation.


Bison, the leader of Shadowloo, and baddie in the movie




Yeah that's right: Taboo from Black Eyed Peas is in Street Fighter

And there was toooooooooo much monolog in the movie by the Chun Li. She was going on and on and on about OBVIOUS stuff and had to monolog everything she did. It went something like:



"I have come home",
"...the scroll said i have to go to Bangkok",
"I must be in pulse with the street",
"I was walking around",
"Life was hard",
"Life was a struggle",
"I had to find food",
"I am home again",
"I bought a banana",
"I peeled the banana",
"I took the banana skin and threw it",
"Damn",
"I missed the bin",
"I took the skin up again",
"I threw to banana skin into the bin",
"I did a good throw",
"I hit the bin",
"I ate the banana",

Okay fine, i added the last 10 lines. But seriously it felt as though those line were really in the movie. I nearly wanted to show out at the cinema "STOP TALKING AND GET ON WITH THE FIGTHING ALREADY, THE MOVIES CALLED STREET FIGTHER! NOT STREET TALKER"

Now that i got that off my chest i dont feel like hitting anyone. Because the movie felt so uneventful and random I nearly felt like i needed to create some fight of my own. Obviously the characters in the movie didnt share my thoughts. There wasnt that much cool fight scenes in the movie. Okay, to be fair there were some fight scenes and they were okay, its just i wished to see MORE and cooler fighthing. For example, it didnt really get that bird necklace thingy or the headstand spinning kick thing. Is it some kind of signature move in the game? Cause they only showed it once in the movie.

To sum it all up, the movie was filled with tons of random scenes they could just cut out of the movie. The Interpol investigator and that Thai Policewomen, didnt didnt do that much. And that White Rose, didnt even understand why it was there. Actually there was so many random stuff, if I did comment about it all in this blog it would turn out like the movie too: Filled with unescessary random bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment